Hello! And surprise – this post is actually being posted while it’s still March!! I must say, I’m rather impressed with myself. ;) Just kidding.
So, March. We had the lovely opportunity of visiting the Aquarium this month, and met up with some friends there too, which was very nice. We all enjoyed ourselves, and it was a very good time. :) I’m still sad the Aquarium no longer allows visitors to pet the stingrays as they have in years past, but what can you do?
In our spare time, my Mum, younger sister, and I have been watching Season Six of Little House on the Prairie. If you’re familiar with that show, you’ll already know that’s when Almanzo enters the scene. ;) I love watching Laura Ingalls try to prove she’s not a little girl anymore, and fail horribly at doing so… ^.^ Though I will admit there are a couple episodes I am not fond of because of the unrealisticness of them…the writers just want drama (and no, not the original book author, Laura herself. The tv show writers). But anywho!
I read quite a bit this month, which was nice:
Clicking on their covers will lead you to my review of the book. (The one without a cover is “Pop Tops and Smiley Faces” by Ann Naedele”). All of them have been reviewed, except for “A Light on the Hill”, which will be posted soon! :)
My favourite of the month? It’d be a close tie between “The Sea Before Us” and “A Light on the Hill”. Both so good and highly recommended!!
I got a few books this month. Unfortunately our camera also decided to stop working this month, so I couldn’t take pictures. But here are the books I got:
- “To The Farthest Shore” by Elizabeth Camden//Thriftstore find (only 50Cents!)
- “Refiners Fire” by Sylvia Bambola//Goodwill find
- “Always On My Mind” by Susan May Warren//Giveaway win from author Valerie Howard
- “An Elegant Facade” by Kristi Ann Hunter// BetterWorldBooks
- “It Had to Be You” by Susan May Warren//BetterWorldBooks
- “The Wonder of You” by Susan May Warren//BetterWorldBooks
- “The Reluctant Duchess” by Roseanna M. White//BetterWorldBooks
- “Chasing Jupitar” by Rachel Coker//BetterWorldBooks
- “Troubled Waters” by Susan May Warren//Bought of a facebook group
- “My Heart Belongs in Superstition Mountains” by Susan Page Davis//FB group buy
- “All the Tea in China” by Jane Orcutt//FB group Book Swap with a gal.
- “Stealing Home” by Allison Pittman//FB group Book Swap with the same gal.
- “Where the Fire Falls” by Karen Barnett//Blogging for Books review copy.
I requested my last review copy from Blogging for Books (the Karen Barnett book). I’m so sad that BfB is closing its doors. That was one of my top favourite review-programs, and my first – good ol’ Blogging for Books is what started me into my reviewing journey! <3
So yes, quite a few…needless to say, I don’t have much book-spending money at the moment. ;) But it was all worth it. BetterWorldBooks has fair prices and free shipping which is amazing. The condition of the books are often a bit rough, but still readable!
Have you read any of these books?
I also was super pleased to review a Booksleeve this month, and you’ll see it in future pictures too, because it’s just so cute!
As for other blog posts…
And there were also some book-reviews posted between the Mondays. :)
Be on the lookout for a new Author Interview Post this Monday!! It’s a great one too :D
How was your March, friends? Happy Passover/Resurrection Day :)