It’s that time of year. The time for buying presents, making wish lists, and planning New Year’s Resolutions. If any of those activities involve books for you (which, come one, I hope they do!), Indie Christian Books has a perfect event for you.
Like most other bookdragons, great books easily make their way onto my “things I’m thankful for” list every year. It’s hard to choose favorites (in other words: rather impossible), but I painstakingly picked five books I read in 2017 that I am thankful for. But know that I will have a bigger list of favourite reads coming towards the end of 2017/beginning of 2018, as usual! Because I can’t keep it to just five favourites. :D For now, though, here are five that I am thankful for:
- “Everything’s Coming Up, Josey!” by Susan May Warren: I’m thankful for this book because it was the first book that introduced me to SMW’s writing and got me hooked. And it was adorable, funny, annnd set in MN/Russia. :)
- “Destiny Defended” by J.A. Marx: Thankful for this one because it was the last book in the series, and I was so excited to see how it ended! I love J.A. Marx’s books! They’re deep, enjoyable, and God-centered.
- “Bread of Angels” by Tessa Afshar: I’m always thankful for a new Tessa Afshar book! Her Biblical Fiction is some of the VERY best there is, and I’m always deeply touched by her novels. This was no exception!
- “Out of the Dark” by MacKenzie Morganthal: I’m thankful for this book because it was the long-awaited sequel to “Not Abandoned”, and the author happens to be my kindred spirit. :) This is an amazing, beautiful book!
- “Lady Jayne Disappears” by Joanna Davidson Politano: Thankful for this book because it was a spectacular debut novel, one that keeps you enraptured, and it was so… bookish! Absolutely delightful.
And because I may be a rule breaker when it comes to books, one of my favourite NON-Fiction reads was:
“Daring to Hope” by Katie Davis Majors, and I’m thankful for it because it is so encouraging and inspiring. Very touching.
So, there’s my list! I had to leave out a couple, but as I mentioned, I will be creating a more extensive list come December/January!
And I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to another great year of reading! Speaking of more reading, here’s one more thing to be grateful for. Books on sale! In honor of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, a group of independent Christian authors has banded together to offer a huge selection of discounted books between Nov 24th and 30th. There’s literally something for everyone.
On November 24th, the Indie Christian Books website (http://www.indiechristianbooks.com) will go live. Every single book listed will be on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks,package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you. When you purchase a paperback book through indiechristianbooks.com you’ll be eligible to enter an exclusive giveaway including free books and an Amazon gift card!
And speaking of giveaways, there’s another fun giveaway connected to this blog tour, so please be sure to enter that!!
There are quite a few bloggers participating in this blog tour, so be sure to visit them (links in the giveaway widget) too! This event promises to be lots of fun. :)
(Here’s a link to the list of supporters for ICB – it should be live on the 24th: http://www.indiechristianbooks.com/supporters/)
You can meet our authors by visiting the Author Database on the website. Want to get to know the authors better AND have the chance to win some fun prizes? We’d love to have you join our week long Facebook party which will feature 39 authors over 7 days.
What awesome reads of 2016 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2017?
A note on the Ebooks Only page. Many of the books are listed as “Sold Out.” This is because we aren’t selling those directly through our site. Please click onto the product pages to find descriptions and links to discounted or free ebooks.
Acknowledgements: Thanks to Leah E. Good and Kendra E. Ardnek for their work organizing this sale, and Hannah Mills for her fantastic design work on the website graphics. Hannah can be contacted at hmills(at)omorecollege(dot)edu for more information about her design services.